Master Studio: Metabolic City
Since 2002 the master’s programme Urban and Regional Planning of the University of Amsterdam organizes yearly a course intended for masterstudents, academics and professionals in the field of urban and regional planning, urban sociology, urban design, and city and regional government.
This years topic is the Metabolic City, how do cities have to change for a sustainable future?
The masterstudio is organisized around five different topics, each providing a general theme for the series of 5 × 2 lectures:
- General Introduction: the 21st century metabolism of cities
- Energy and mobility: the carbon issue
- Water and waste: the re-use issue
- Technical utilities, urban fabric and regional structures: the spatial issue
- Sustainable future: the local challenge.
Dates: 12 –17 January 2015 on various locations in Amsterdam.
Please find more information on the topics, lectures, speakers and the locations in the brochure, which is available for download by clicking here
or on the image below.
(PDF 409 kB)
For more questions please address to:
Secretariaat Stichting sLIM
3742 CN Baarn
T 035 542 67 45
F 035 543 04 68